Monday, June 14, 2010

[ARTICLE] Dara on Naver's Musician's Choice!


Dara was chosen as the Musician's Choice as of June 14,2010! it would be better if they picked all the girls of 2NE1 rather than only Dara, but atleast she made it right? haha ^.^ it has an article written that you can view HERE!

Article Translation:
Sandara Park (26), one of the four members of girl group, 2NE1, has the most refreshing voice in the group. While other members party it up and groove and pump to the music of stylish, black rap, Sandara has a clear, fresh voice that is heart-breakingly gentle most of the time. Because of this, fans think that she may be “playing by herself” but she has played the important role of neutralizing the black music with her own taste of pop music colors; thus, she emerged as the unique member to add freshness to the group.
“At first, our group’s style of music wasn’t my favorite style. That was one of the genres that I haven’t heard of much. But our leader, CL, who was both familiar and comfortable with the style, helped me a lot, for which I’m glad. Now I have fit in into the black music genre, so much so that it feels awkward if the song doesn’t have a rap.”
Now that she has mixed her own style of music into the music, it has become more refreshing. Understanding black music and infusing her own style into it, was not easy, but doing so has given her courage and confidence.
Many already know that Sandara Park had lived in the Philippines since she was in 5th grade of Elementary School. From that early age, she was so shy that she couldn’t even look at her classmates on their faces. “I didn’t even make friends or talk to the people in my class. I was bad in English, so I became very lonely; and when I became bored and gloomy, I turned to music while hiding in a dark room. Back in the Philippines, it was really easy to listen to the latest music from the United States. I guess that there wasn’t a day that passed when I didn’t listen to music.”
It was a “shocking incident” when the young, shy girl, who always crouched low in school festivals and bowed her head during group singing, went on and climbed the stage on one school festival. When she went on to debut in the Philippines, many people were suprised, saying “how could a girl who can’t even talk, sing?” amazing many. “I think that all the songs that I heard when I was alone, got stuck in my throat and wanted to get out. Around that time, the only place to do it was the school stage, and though I was afraid, I had to let the music out. That was the time when my passion for music opened, I guess.”
“The classic pop music I enjoyed in my teen days that influenced my fresh music today,” the subject for this week’s Musician’s Choice, has many meanings. It was the friend who comforted her during the difficult days and the main reason who influenced the person she is today. “Nowadays, people have grown up listening to black music, as opposed to me who grew up listening to pop music, and that’s why I can seem to show my own uniqueness. These classic pop songs are the ones that I frequently listen to when old memories come up, or when I’m exercising.”
Though Sandara Park and her group are on hiatus, she is still busy. Between their advertisement shoots, vocal and choreography practice, and even Japanese lessons, there is no time to rest. But she stresses that there are still so many things that she wants to do. “Singing is something that I already do, so I want to try acting and going on variety shows too. Honestly, I don’t think I do very well on variety shows, but I feel that they are really interesting and fun. Dae-Sung of Big Bang, has a lot of sense in variety shows, and his reactions to different situations are good; I really want to learn from him. Ho Ho!”


Source – Dara's Me2Day
Translation – rim21c@21BANGS
Re-uploded by peevss@blackjacks2ne1

No comments:

Post a Comment